All the fun of the fair was the jukebox musical with a book by Jon Conway, based on the songs of David Essex.
All the fun of the fair:
The title of the musical is taken from David Essex’s 1975 collection All the Fun of the Fair. The plot is anecdotal, not self-portraying. Its underlying (commonplace) run in the UK took it to Cardiff, Nottingham, Wimbledon, Milton Keynes, Plymouth, Norwich, Belfast, Birmingham, Hull, Sunderland, Southampton, Liverpool, High Wycombe, Swansea, Northampton, Llandudno and Bristol.
Also Read: How many minutes in a year
The show moved to the Garrick Theater in the West End in April 2010 for a restricted season which finished up in September 2010. It visited again in late 2011.
Summation of All the fun of the fair:
The show follows Levi Lee, an as of late bereaved dad with a defiant high school child. There is a vagabond future teller who is infatuated with Levi, and tells him there is risk and magic in his future. Dodgems and motorbikes, shrewd cons and candy floss, carnival ponies and battles, just as pathetic love, sentiment and rock and roll draw out the amusement park air in this universe of carnival life.
Also Read: The first lighting of Eddystone Lighthouse
Musical Numbers of All the fun of the fair:
- A Winter’s Tale – Rosa
- All the Fun of the Fair – Levi and Company
- He Noticed Me – Alice and Mary
- Here We Are All Together – Company
- Hold Me Close – Jack and Company
- Pretty Thing – Jack and Alice
- Rock On – Levi and Harvey
- Me And My Girl (Nightclubbing) – Jack, Jonny and Company
- Street Fight – Harvey and Druid
- Gonna Make You a Star – Company
- Father And Son – Levi and Jack
- You’re In My Heart – Levi, Rosa, Jack, Alice and Mary
- Lamplight – Jack
- Stay Young And Free – Harvey and Alice
- She’s Leaving – Jonny, Levi, Harvey and Company
- If I Could – Jack and Alice
- Dangerous – Levi, Mary and Company
- Silver Dream Machine – Jack, Jonny and Levi
- It’s Gonna Be Alright – Levi
- Here We Are All Together (Reprise) – Levi and Company
2011 National Tours of All the fun of the fair:
The show is coordinated by Nikolai Foster, set and ensembled by Ian Westbrook, lighting by Ben Cracknell, sound by Steve Jonas, melodic organizing/right-hand chief Drew McOnie, melodic arranger/studio creation Ian Wherry, melodic boss Olly Ashmore, and enchanted inventive specialists The Twins. The cast comprised of David Essex (Levi), Louise English (Rosa), David Burrows (Harvey), Rob Compton (Jack), Tim Newman (Jonny), Susan Hallam Wright (Mary), Tanya Robb (Alice), Barry Bloxham (Druid), Susan Hall (Sally), James Hill (Spiv), Gareth Leighton (Chris), Louise Lenihan (Rita), Luke Baker (Chris), and Edie Campbell (Laura)
All the fun of the fair was really great.